A Big Important Artist: A Womanual
Synopsis: Unleash your inner artist with this beautiful guided sketchbook, full of brand new creative projects, blank work pages, and illuminating bios of female artists, from the author of A Big Important Art Book (Now with Women).
Full of interactive projects, profiles of powerhouse contemporary women artists, and idea-sparking sketch-starters, A Big Important Artist is a cheeky and empowering way to activate an artistic practice. Based on A Big Important Art Book (Now with Women) by artist-author Danielle Krysa, founder of The Jealous Curator, this interactive sketchbook includes:
- 30 creative projects to complete within the book's pages. With 25 brand-new projects, and 5 of Danielle's all-time favorite projects from her past work, these guided prompts encourage readers to utilize a range of media as they work through the sketchbook, including drawing, painting, and collage.
- Blank pages for working on projects inside the book.
- Profiles of 30 contemporary women artists, including full-page images and trading-card style statistics.
- Short historical sidebars on women who made "art herstory."
- Artist-designed illustrations, graphic elements, and illustrated prompts throughout the customizable sketchbook interior.
- A deluxe lay-flat binding and uncoated woodfree paper to facilitate art-making.
About the Author: Danielle Krysa has a BFA in Fine Arts from The University of Victoria BC, and a post-grad in graphic design from Sheridan College in Ontario. She is the writer and curator behind the contemporary art site The Jealous Curator, and the author of three books on art and culture.